25 SIMPLE JOYS
Friday, 25 July 2014
I turn 25 on Sunday. Woah, when did that happen? I guess things are easy to forget with an infant rolling around, causing mayhem. I don’t exactly know what we are doing yet to celebrate, but I’m sure it will be grrrrreat. Wine tasting maybe?
Last year I wrote about the 24 things I’ve learned in 24 years. Instead of just adding one more thing to that list and renaming it to 25 things, I thought I’d mix it up and list the 25 simple joys in life which I find stinkin’ wonderful (and a little random).
1. Taking your shoes off at the end of the day.
2. Peeling off the screen protector on new electronics.
3. A child’s laughter.
4. Having exact change.
5. Getting sat right away at a restaurant.
6. All-you-can eat.
7. Listening to your favorite song and dancing like no one’s watching.
8. Running with the wind in your hair.
9. Running out of shampoo and conditioner at the same time.
10. Endless ice cream samples.
11. In N Out.
12. Impromptu shoulder massages.
13. Getting mail from loved ones.
14. Finding a new book series to love.
15. Smiles from your little one.
16. Sipping tea that’s the perfect temperature.
17. Catching the bus/making the light.
18. Bubble baths.
19. Newly laundered sheets and pillow cases.
20. Fresh flowers in the house.
22. Getting everyone in the photo on the first try.
23. Christmas lights/music/everything.
24. Finally getting that sneeze out.
25. Zero inbox.
I am sure I could come up with 25 more simple joys, but these are the first that come to mind. I am a little floored that I am turning a quarter of a century. I feel old and, at the same time, incredibly young. So I’ll have a few tequila shots with my new AARP membership, thank you very much.