IT’S RETREAT WEEK.
In case you did not sense it, I am very excited to go on my retreat this weekend. I will be flying to see my beautiful friends as we get some much needed rest and spiritual renewal. IT’S RETREAT WEEK! A;JSDLKJF!
Any who, last week was full of big things and small things. It’s funny, something seemingly small like a kiddo getting dressed by himself or a baby signing “more” or a proud kindergartner showing off her desk are actually huge. My children are growing and thriving before my eyes and I could not be more grateful to be their mother. At the same time, as they grow, it seems like I’m being stretched in more directions. They all need me, all the time, even when they don’t think they do. It’s the conundrum of motherhood.
I felt a sense of peace wash over me the past week. I feel like I managed all the ups and downs of the week with my sanity (and a little grace) intact. I am grateful.
So today - I am grateful. And I just wanted to share that.
But on to the juicy stuff. Or the mundane stuff, depending on how you look at it. My gauge of what is interesting is limited to what’s the latest in the dental journal and what is going on with my kids sleeping patterns, ha!
1) My adult ballet class is going well. Last week was the second session in my new level. I am no longer in the introductory class but in the beginner class. It is more challenging and I am enjoying it. I bought myself a leotard, tights, and a ballet skirt and I FEEL SO PRETTY.
2) We are attempting to night wean the baby. It’s not going great. He loves those mama snuggles in the wee hours. But I try to spin it as a positive while I prop my eyes open and guzzle coffee. I’m glad we’ve made it this far. I don’t plan on completely weaning any time soon, but my goal is no more middle of the night nursing sessions (please sleep baby boy) and no more pumping at work. We’ll get there…eventually.
3) Emma enjoyed faith formation class on Sunday. Last week, she cried the whole time so this was a great improvement.
4) I took a nap on Saturday, it was glorious. (<— this is a big win for a busy working person)
5) On Saturday night, our new banker took our family out to dinner. We tried a new-to-us restaurant. It was so lovely to be wined and dined for once. I felt spoiled and the kids behaved themselves. We recently refinanced my student loan for a lower rate and we are very excited about working with a new bank.
6) My super amazing friend Bonnie wrote a book about her son’s miracle attributed to Fulton Sheen. I cannot wait to read it.
7) You can still preorder your Blessed Is She planner for next year! Here is my spread for this week and it’s travel themed. Yay!
What are some big things and small things that have been happening with you?
This post contains affiliate links. If a sale is made through an affiliate link, I may be compensated but all opinions are my own.